Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Last minute jitters.

It's almost midnight the night before we leave (in eight hours) and my husband has bogarted the computer so I'm stuck posting from my phone. I wish I could say that we are brimming with excitement, but really we are just tired, apprehensive and nervous.
 Of course we can't wait to get our hands on our girl, but as I think of her spending her last few nights in the only place she has ever known, I falter a bit. And my heart breaks for what she is going to undoubtedly go through. Does she know? Have they told her? Can a three year old even begin to understand what's about to happen? Will we be enough to soothe that grief and brokenness? 
And don't even get me started on M. How this will affect her. I know in time they will be best buddies (god, Frozen, get out of my head). But I also know getting there will be a steep learning curve. For all of us. Going from our comfortable little threesome to something completely different and unknown is mildy terrifying. 

But. 

We are ready. Ready to love her in person instead of halfway around world. She is ours and we are hers.
Forever. I can't wait to meet her and look into those beautiful eyes and start our new normal. I know from experience it will be a bumpy ride but so worth every twist, turn and pothole. If you're the praying type, please pray for our Wrennie. Pray that God's hand will protect her little heart while at the same time start to heal it. 

I can't believe I get to become a mother for a second time. God is so good. 

On a totally unrelated note, check out how lightly we packed. If you know us in real life, you know that this is a miracle in and of itself. I am so proud. 

Also, just a brief snapshot of Wren's room. It's not anywhere near finished, but I just want to showcase a little corner that is. It's coming together well, I think. 

China or bust, baby. We'll see you there. 


No comments:

Post a Comment